Whether it’s at work, through school, or through a celebration, there are many different ways you can help raise money for Equal Community Foundation.
Begin with yourself .Here’s a couple of simple ideas to get started :
- Dinner4Good – Eat, drink and raise money; a brilliantly simple idea which lets you fundraise while doing something you enjoy – having friends round for dinner.
- Sell stuff on eBay – Let eBay turn your unwanted goods into a little extra cash for you. Donate a share of your takings to help change the lives of millions of women across India.
Friends and family
Why not get together with your friends, family or colleagues and form a group of your own?Contact us and we will provide you with all the support you need to to help you get started, including:
- Simple fundraising ideas
- Information about our work
- Advice on how to plan a simple yet fun event
Schools and colleges
All of us need to be a part of the solution in ending violence and discrimination against women. And what better place to start than with young adults in schools and colleges. You could :
- Set up a donation box in your school/college.
- Form an interactive club which can in turn organise events like cycle rallies, fêtes, garage sales, bake sales etc.
- You could ask for a stall at the summer fête at your school or organise a Christmas carol concert.
Employee fundraising – Employee fundraising is a great way to create common goals and shared pride, which is brilliant for staff morale and team spirit. It can also generate goodwill with your customers, suppliers and the local community.
- Payroll giving – A popular concept launched in several corporates is payroll giving. The process asks just a minimum of Rs 500 from employees who wish to donate towards change. This could be over a period of a year or a week or even a one off.
- Host a range of events like a food festival, book fair or entertainment programme. The staff can donate money in return as participation fees.
- Don’t you enjoy indoor or outdoor sport especially the one that gives you a break at work? Use that as an excuse to raise funds. For a month conduct different tournaments in your office during lunch hour or before and after work. Ask winning teams to donate their prize money or keep an entry fee for all tournaments that you can donate.
- Raffles and tambolas are an excellent way of raising funds, either as an activity in their own right, or to supplement another event.
The key to a successful fundraising event is to enjoy yourself – the more fun you have, the more people are likely to give! It’s also vital when holding any event that you keep it safe, legal and are careful to safeguard children.
If you would like more information or are keen to get started we’d be delighted to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com